The Respect You Deserve. The Defense You Need.
Your future is too important to settle for less.
Drug crimes are taken seriously in Florida, with ambitious district attorneys and prosecutors eager to put alleged offenders behind bars. Put Germain Legal in your corner and let us fight for your rights, freedom and reputation.
Call or message today and find out why so many of those wrongfully accused choose us to represent them against serious drug crimes and drug charges.
Florida Drug Defense Lawyer
Proudly Serving Brevard County, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach and the Palm Bay Area
You Deserve a Robust and Aggressive Defense – let us make sure you get it.
Brevard County alone sees more than 20,000 arrests yearly, a large percentage of which are for drug-related crimes and drug offenses.
Yet all too often law enforcement gets it wrong, oversteps its bounds, fails to follow proper procedure or violates the rights of Florida citizens…all in the name of the ‘war on drugs’. Meanwhile, aggressive prosecutors looking to put a ‘W’ in the ‘Win’ column are more interested in boosting their reputation and status than they are justice.
If you or a loved one in Brevard Country or the Melbourne, Cocoa Beach and Palm Bay area are under investigation, were arrested, or charged with a drug crime, you need our help.
Germain Legal has dedicated its practice to fighting for ‘the little guy’, against powerful Florida prosecutors and the often complex and challenging legal system.
Don’t put your future in the hands of just any law firm. Hire a firm with the reputation and track record to back it up. Hire Germain Legal.
Florida’s Own War On Drugs
Why are drug crimes so serious in Florida?
Florida’s drug laws are often seen as more severe or strict than those in other parts of the country. This can be largely attributed to the state’s propensity for drug trafficking with cargo ships frequently being used to transport illegal and controlled substances to the state.
This means that even ‘minor’ offenses often come with serious ramifications, resulting in large fines and jail time. While the rest of the country is easing restrictions on marijuana and even some hallucinogens, the ‘War on Drugs’ is alive and well in FL.
Law enforcement in the state devotes a significant portion of resources to unraveling the illicit drug industry, from undercover operations to investigations, often leading to ‘dragnets’ that scoop up innocent bystanders and low-level offenders who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Let our talented legal team and drug defense attorney make sure you don’t end up just another statistic on a court docket. Let us fight for your freedom and innocence in and out of court. It’s what we do best.
Common Types of Drug Charges Filed in Florida
Drug offenses can fall under both the jurisdiction of state or federal law. Even if you never followed through with a drug crime, you may be charged with ‘conspiracy to commit’ the crime, an offense with just as serious of consequences.
Drug crimes are classified as either a felony or misdemeanor offense, each subject to varying levels of penalties depending on several factors.
Common Drug Crimes Include:
- Delivering a controlled substance
- Drug trafficking
- Manufacturing a controlled substance
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Intent to sell
- Falsely obtaining a controlled substance
- Drug smuggling
- Drug distribution
- Import or export of a controlled substance
- And more…
How Drug Crimes are Classified According to Florida Law
Covered under Florida Statutes 893.13, it is illegal to possess with the intent to sell, manufacture or deliver, or to sell, manufacture or deliver a ‘controlled substance’.
Florida Definition of a Controlled Substance: Under Florida Statutes 893.03, controlled substances are classified under various ‘Schedules’, with each the schedules corresponding to the potential for either abuse or dependency, as well as the drugs’ medical use.
Examples of Scheduled Drugs
- Schedule I – Any substance with no currently accepted medical use in the USA, and that has a high potential for abuse and dependency. Examples include: Psilocybin, PCP, MDMA (ecstasy) and heroin.
- Schedule II – A drug with tightly restricted but some approved medical use for treatment, with a high potential for abuse, including severe physical and/or psychological dependence. Examples Include: Opium, morphine, codeine, cocaine, methamphetamine and fentanyl.
- Schedule III – A drug with the potential for abuse that is lower than that of those substances under Schedule I and II, and that which has accepted medical use in the United States. These substances have a moderate to low risk of physical dependence and/or a high risk of psychological dependence. Examples Include: GHB, steroids and ketamine.
- Schedule IV – Includes those substances with a low potential for abuse relative to the other Scheduled substances. These drugs have commonly accepted medical uses for treatment in the USA, and abuse may lead to limited psychological and/or physical dependence. Examples Include: Klonopin, Xanax, benzodiazepines, diet drugs, and barbiturates.
- Schedule V – Includes those controlled substances with a lower potential for abuse relative to other scheduled substances. These drugs have commonly accepted medical uses in the USA and demonstrate that abuse may lead to limited psychological and/or physical dependence. Examples Include: stimulates and codeine-containing products.
*SPECIAL NOTE ON MARIJUANA* – despite many states and jurisdictions moving towards legalization and decriminalization, Florida’s laws on cannabis and marijuana remain strict, classifying the drug as a Schedule I substance.
Germain Legal Drug Defense Attorney: your key to a strong defense
Both state and federal drug charges are serious matters. They can ruin your reputation, record and leave a mark on you for life. If you’re feeling hopeless and alone, there is help. Our firm can make sure you get the representation you deserve, with aggressive defense strategies proven to be effective both in and out of court.
Put us in your corner and let a talented drug defense lawyer put their years of experience to work for you.
Potential Drug Charge Defenses
- Improper police procedure
- Illegal wiretap or search and seizure
- Claiming the drugs belong to another party
- Demonstrating entrapment
- Forcing the prosecution to prove the alleged substance is actually illegal
- Punching holes in the prosecution’s case
- Discrediting witnesses
- Picking apart lab tests and forensics
- And more…
When the odds are stacked against you, let us even out the playing field. Remember, the prosecution must prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that you are guilty of the crime they are alleging you committed.
Let us cast the doubt needed to make sure you remain a free man/woman.
How a Germain Legal Drug Defense Attorney Can Help
You may be facing the biggest fight of your life, going up against the considerable resources and might of the state or federal government. You need a law firm just as aggressive and dedicated as the opposition.
Our extensive experience successfully representing criminal cases in Florida makes our firm a leading candidate for ensuring your case is positioned to get you results.
To us, each client is family, and we always take care of family. Don’t let the threat of a looming drug conviction ruin your life. Call or message today and find out why we’re the right defense team for the case.