Self-Defense in Domestic Violence Cases
- September 1, 2021 3:18 pm
- Written by admingl
- Categories: Brevard County FL | Florida Laws | Legal Advice | Your Rights
The state of Florida takes domestic violence cases seriously, with convictions resulting in significant penalties including but not limited to prison/jail time, court fees, fines, probation, and more.
One potential avenue to explore as a defense is ‘self-defense’. At Germain Legal, we can help determine if this is a viable defense to present and how to best tailor a strategy aimed at clearing your good name.
Our Attorneys Will:
- Go over the police report looking for admission by the victim to having committed a violent act
- Investigate why the victim was violent towards you
- Evaluate whether or not injuries in part or full suffered by the victim were due to you defending yourself
- Identify any inconsistencies or holes in the prosecution’s assertations, evidence and case
If you’ve been charged or arrested for domestic violence in Brevard County, reach out to our law firm today and connect with a brilliant team of defense attorneys ready to help.