What are my best defense options after being arrested for a DUI?
- March 16, 2022 4:29 pm
- Written by admingl
- Categories: Arrested | Crimes | Drinking & Driving | DUI | Legal Advice | Police | Practice Areas | Traffic Stop | Wrongful Arrest | Your Rights
The best defense options after being arrested for a DUI in Cocoa Beach, FL or surrounding areas will be situationally dependent on the circumstances of the arrest.
That said, a good defense lawyer in Cocoa Beach will come prepared with tried and proven defense strategies aimed at helping achieve a positive outcome for clients.
Best Defense Options After Being Arrested for a DUI Include:
- Unlawful traffic stop – law enforcement must have just cause to pull you over
- Denial of Representation – Denied access to a lawyer post-arrest may be cause for having charges dropped or dismissed
- Equipment Accuracy – Challenging the accuracy of breath alcohol tests, equipment or lab procedure
- Challenging Field Sobriety Tests
- Dispute of who was driving
- Police misconduct
- Medical Condition – in some circumstances, medical conditions could explain failing field sobriety tests